|Inside the tomb of Suleyman the Magnificent|
|Interior - detail|
The Tomb of Suleyman the Magnificent is located in the grounds of the Suleyman Mosque, the largest in Istanbul. The building, even though modest from the outside, has the most exquisite interior, covered with intricate tiles. In the room you find a number of coffins, among which holds the remains of the sultans family.
The Tomb of Suleyman the Magnificent is a must for those of you interested in history and architecture.
View Istanbul A-Z 2009 Updated July 2012 in a larger map
|Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent (1494-1566). Oil on canvas from around 1530 by Titian|
|Alexandra Lisowska aka Roxelana and Hurrem Sultan (1510-1588). Oil on canvas 16th century|
|Mihrima Sultan (1522-1578). Oil on canvas from around 1555 by Titian|
- Gernerska Mausoleum - Sigtuna Sweden (May 17th 2011)
- Catacombe dei Capuccini - The city of the dead - Palermo, Italy (May 1st 2009)
- The tombs at Skt. Petri Church - Copenhagen, Denmark (April 5th 2009)
- Granary Burying Ground anno 1660 - Boston, Massachusetts (January 5th 2009)
- Grave of Georg Adolph Demmler - Schwerin, Germany (November 24th 2008)