|The victorious Christ - one of the magnificent golden mosaics that has withstood the centuries|
|Church of Theotokos Pammakaristos - exterior|
There we visited the ancient Ahrida Synagogue, and St. Stephens Church. Then we looked for the Pammakaristos Church. It was not easy to find, but our quest were worthwhile.
Pammakaristos Church, or the Church of Theotokos Pammakaristos (Greek: Θεοτόκος ἡ Παμμακάριστος, "All-Blessed Mother of God") was built in the 12th century.
Today the Pammakaristos Church is a museum and one of the most famous Byzantine churches in Istanbul, Turkey.
|Central dome of the parekklesion with Christ Pantocrator with the prophets of the Old Testament|
|Christ Pantocrator (detail)|
|Mosaic of Saint Anthony|
|St. Gregor the Illuminator (top)|
|Mosaics of the magnificent Pammakaristos Church|
- Istanbul: Ancient columns of the old Hippodrome (November 7th 2011)
- Galata Tower, Istanbul (September 25th 2011)
- The Cisterns of Istanbul (April 4th 2011)
- The Column of Constantine, Istanbul (February 9th 2011)
- Istanbul - the marvellous Blue Mosque (July 26th 2010)
Vis Istanbul A-Z 2009 Updated January 6th 2010 i et større kart