|Mosque El Mansour - main tower with the famous apples|
Famous sights as Bab Agnaou gate and the Koutoubia mosque were also built during his reign.
The mosque is also known as the Kasbah Mosque and the Mosquée Aux Pommes D'Or (Mosque of the Golden Apples), due to the three gilded globes on the lantern of one its gorgeous minaret.
The present mosque was restored in the 16th century and in the 18th century. This is a working mosque, and it's closed to non-Muslims.
Vis Marrakech on Enjoy Food & Travel 2010-2011 i et større kart
Other mosques on Enjoy Food & Travel
- Ali Ben Youssef Mosque, Marrakech (November 25th 2011)
- Ishak Pasa Mosque and hamam, Istanbul (December 9th 2010)
- Istanbul - the marvellous Blue Mosque (July 26th 2010)
- Bereketzade Medresesi Mosque, Istanbul (April 28th 2010)
- Almoravid Qoubba - Marrakech (February 16th 2010)
Follow Enjoy Food & Travel on Facebook