|Photo: Climbers on Alpamayo mountain in Peru by Brad Mering|
To make it easier for you, I have compiled all the travel stories on Enjoy Food & Travel for the year 2011 on this page. Enjoy!
- Air Berlin: More flights from Oslo to Berlin (September 20th 2011) Norwegians love Berlin. The German capital have competing flights from Oslo operated by Norwegian Air Shuttle and Air Berlin
- Alanya, Turkey - a presentation (November 26th 2011) Here is a presentation of Alanya, Turkey courtesy of Stuart Moss on YouTube.
- April 2011: New flights from Norway (March 29th 2011)
Norwegian Air Shuttle opens the 2011 season in April, by launching a large number of flights to Southern Europe from different regional airports, as well as Oslo International Airport Gardermoen.
- June 2011: Back to Catalonia (May 27th 2011)
I have spent time in Catalonia Spain from annually from 2006, and I will return to spend a sunny week in the Barcelona area at the beginning of July.
- BMI launch two non-stop flights to London-Heathrow April 2011 (February 15th 2011)
British Midlands International is a new competitor on the Norwegian flight market.
- City Airline starts non-stop flights Stavanger-Rygge (April 6th 2011) City Airline will from May 9th fly non-stop from Stavanger Airport to Moss Rygge Airport, filling the void left by Norwegian Air Shuttle, that previously had direct flights between the two airports.
- Coming up in June: Geneva, Switzerland (May 9th 2011) Enjoy Food & Travel will visit Geneva, Switzerland in June 2011.
- Competitive summer on flights to Spain (February 28th 2011)
Scandinavian Airlines launch 4 non-stop flights to Spain summer 2011 from Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger.
- Continental Airlines - information on domestic and international destinations (September 9th 2011)
Continental Airlines have daily flights from Oslo to Newark Liberty Airport, Newark NJ, one out of four major hubs for the airline.
- CONTINUALLY UPDATED: Norwegian charter destinations 2011 - Apollo (May 27th 2011)
Norwegians are traveling further and further away from home in order to find sun, culture or sporting experiences.
- Danish Air Transport starts three new flights from Rygge Airport (October 11th 2011)
As Norwegian Air Shuttle folds up at Rygge, Danish Air Transport are ready to take over.
- DAT starts direct flights Stavanger - Skien (February 24th 2011)
Danish DAT airlines starts flights between Stavanger Airport and Skien Airport Geiteryggen March 7th.
- Direct flight Oslo - Gotland opens June 25th (March 6th 2011)
To visit the historic sight you may, this summer, fly Norwegian air carrier Widerøe, as it will run non-stop flights to Visby from June through August.
- Direct flights to Andøya, Vesterålen June 2012 (November 22nd 2011)
From June 2012, new non-stop flights will give tourist direct access to Andøya, an island in the Vesterålen archipelago, stretching far out in the Arctic sea.
- Direktflyg starts daily flights Oslo to Karlstad (October 26th 2011)
Swedish air carrier Direktflyg will start daily flights from Oslo to the regional capital of Värmland county, Karlstad, from November 7th.
- FEBRUARY 2011: Enjoy Food & Travel on luxury mini cruise to Kiel (January 25th 2011)
In February 2011 Enjoy Food & Travel will indulge in a mini luxury cruise on Color Fantasy that sails between Oslo and Kiel in northern Germany.
- Fjord Line moves future operations from Kristiansand to Langesund (September 22nd 2011)
Now Fjord Line has decided to operate its new ferries between Norway and Denmark from the small port of Langesund.
- Fly non-stop from Torp Airport to Vilnius and Malaga (October 5th 2011)
There are more good news for travelers out of Torp airport. Norwegian Air Shuttle and Wizz Air are launching two new non-stop flights, to Malaga, Spain and Vilnius, Lithuania.
- From Iceland to the US - non-stop flights to American cities (September 8th 2011)
Icelandair and Iceland Express provide non-stop flights from Europe to destinations in North America over Keflavik International Airport.
- Great pumpkin is here!! (October 31st 2011)
For years I celebrated Halloween in my flat in downtown Oslo. Last year I was in the US, and this year I have not sent any invitations.
- June 2011 New destinations fron Norwegian airports (June 3rd 2011)
Norwegian travelers may from June travel non-stop to Madrid, as Scandinavia Airlines opens new non-stop flights from Oslo and Bergen to the Spanish capital.
- Kristiansand: New and better Super Speed ferry back in traffic (February 8th 2011)
SuperSpeed1 ferry sailing between Kristiansand and Hirtshals has been extended with a new restaurant increasing the number of passengers by 450 on each sailing.
- March 2011: New direct flights from Norway (February 22nd 2011)
Continental Airlines has, until now, been the only air carrier flying non-stop Oslo New York.
- May 2011: Few new direct flights from Norwegian airports (April 27th 2011)
It is quiet in the Norwegian flight market, before summer, that is.
- Murcia's San Javier Airport close November 2011 (August 16th 2011)
Thousands of Norwegians with holiday homes in the Murcia area must prepare to travel further from November 2011.
- New destinations spring 2011 (February 1st 2011)
Air Baltic starts flights between Tromsø Airport and Oulu/Uleåborg in Finland April 2011.
- New flights from Bergen Airport (November 16th 2011)
Scandinavian Airlines and Lufthansa launch new direct flights from Bergen Airport in 2012.
- New non-stop flights from Stavanger Airport to Glasgow and Warsaw (October 28th 2011)
Two new non-stop flights will provide destinations to the west and to the east for citizens of Stavanger, Norway this fall.
- New non-stop flight to Manchester (June 18th 2011) Norwegian football fans may now rejoice, as from October they can fly non-stop to Old Trafford.
- NEW: Stena launch 36 hour cruise - Oslo-Göteborg - Oslo (September 7th 2011)
Every Sunday from August 21st, you can enjoy a 36 hour cruise with Stena Saga from Oslo to Gothenburg, instead of the much shorter passage to Fredrikshavn in Jutland in Northern Denmark.
- Non-stop flights Oslo - Köln, Germany from spring 2012 (December 14th 2011)
Köln, or Cologne is, according to boarding.no, the newest German destination launched by Norwegian Air Shuttle. Non-stop flights from Oslo will start March 25th 2012.
- Non-stop from Molde to Antalya this summer (March 28th 2008)
Citizen of Molde in Møre og Romsdal county may fly non-stop to Antalya, Turkey with Turkish Airlines this summer
- Normal train service in Oslo resumes August 8th (August 5th 2011)
Train services from Oslo Central Stations has been disrupted this summer due to maintenance. From August 8th, normal traffic will resume on all lines.
- Norway: Good times for trans-Atlantic flights (September 8th 2011)
As Europeans tighten their belts and prepare for tougher times, the Norwegian economy is booming.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ends all flights from Moss-Rygge Airport (August 28th 2011)
Norwegian Air Shuttle has finally reached a conclusion. All flights from Moss-Rygge Airport will end by January 12th 2011, leaving the airport entirely to Ryanair. It that a smart move?
- Norwegian Air Shuttle put all flights from Moss-Rygge Airport this winter on hold (August 9th 2011)
Norwegian Air Shuttle has put all it flights from Moss-Rygge Airport this winter on hold. It may move all flights to Torp-Sandefjord Airport unless they are given same favourable terms as its rival Ryanair.
- November 2011: How to get from El Altet Airport to your destination (August 16th 2011)
Wondering what to do to get to your summer home when Murcia San Javier Airport close in November? Here are a few pieces of information that may answer your question.
- October 2011: Flybe Nordic opens direct flight Trondheim - Helsinki (August 30th 2011) October 30th 2011 passengers in Trondheim will get a non-stop service to Helsinki Airport Vantaa.
- OCTOBER 2011 - More stories from Northern New England (September 30th 2011)
In October I will have my 29th crossing of the Atlantic to experience Northern New England in the United States.
- Oslo Bangkok - Norwegian: Not yet, Feel Air: Maybe! (March 15th 2011)
Norwegian Air Shuttle has decided to postpone its plans to launch direct flights from Oslo to Bangkok to 2013. Feel Air, however, will take a decision during March.
- Positive interest for Estonian Air flights Trondheim - Tallinn (August 30th 2011)
Estonian Air opens flights from Trondheim to Tallinn, Estonia September 5th 2011.
- Qatar Airways starts non-stop flights Oslo-Doha (March 12th 2011)
Qatar Airways will start non-stop flights from Oslo Airport to Doha October 5th 2011.
- Rating Norwegian Air Shuttle Oslo-Geneva-Oslo, June 2011 (June 17th 2011)
I traveled with Norwegian flights DY 1602 from Oslo to Geneva June 9th 2011, returning to Oslo June 12th with flight DY 1605.
- Reflections around our cancellation of trip to Egypt (December 22nd 2011)
This Sunday we decided to cancel our Christmas trip to Cairo. This due to the protests on Tahrir Square.
- Ryanair launch new direct flight Rygge - Manchester (July 25th 2011)
Ryanair will start direct flights from Rygge Airport to Manchester, offering Norwegian Air Shuttle serious competition. .
- Ryanair launch 6 new destination from Rygge Airport in 2012 (November 2nd 2011)
Ryanair launch non-stop flights to six new destinations in Southern Europe and Poland from Rygge Airport in 2012.
- Ryanair: New non-stop flights from Rygge Airport (February 1st 2011)
Michael O'Leary visited Oslo, today, Tuesday February 1st and launched Ryanair flights from Rygge Airport to two new destinations as well as more flights to Krakow, Malaga, Riga of Tallinn this summer.
- Ryanair starts non-stop flights to two new destinations from Rygge (August 9th 2011)
Ryanair launch more destinations from Rygge airport, one in Poland and another in Germany.
- Scandinavian Airlines with 2 new non-stop flights from Oslo (May 28th 2011)
Scandinavian Airlines launch two new destinations coming fall and winter.
- Skyways stop flights Trondheim - Stockholm (August 5th 2011)
Swedish Skyways has stopped its non-stop flights between Trondheim and Stockholm after just a few months in operation.
- Summer 2011: Trains and subway traffic in Oslo severely disrupted by maintenance work (June 27th 2011)
Those of you visiting the Norwegian capital, will experience severe disruptions in train and subway services in July and early August.
- To Moscow with Scandinavian Airlines... (January 6th 2011)
March 27th means more competition for travelers from Oslo to Moscow, Russia, as Scandinavian Airlines opens direct flights to the Russian capital.
- The Icelandair experience 2011 - much better than last year (November 4th 2011)
I decided, once again, to fly Icelandair from Oslo to Boston in 2011 as the years before. My main reason to choose this air carrier is is still (and primarely) the short flying time.
- 2012 season: New non-stop destinations from Norwegian airports (November 26th 2011)
These days, Norwegian air carriers launch their flight programme for the 2012 season
- Widerøe revives non-stop flights Haugesund-Copenhagen (August 23rd 2011) Widerøe will resume its flights from Haugesund to Copenhagen October 30th 2011.
- Winter season 2011/2012: Norwegian Air Shuttle launch direct-flights to three new destinations (June 30th 2011)
Norwegian Air Shuttle will fly from Oslo to Poznan, Grenoble, and Madeira coming winter.
- WizzAir may fly from Torp to Beograd and Vilnius summer 2012 (July 4th 2011)
While Ryanair is moving flights from Sandefjord-Torp Airport to Rygge Airport, Hungarian air carrier WizzAir is extending its activity from Torp Airport.
- WizzAir starts two new direct flights from Norway to Poland (December 2nd 2011)
WizzAir will starts two new non-stop flights from Haugesund and Trondheim to Gdansk April 4th 2012.
- Winter season 2011: New destinations in Egypt (May 3rd 2011)
As the political situation in Egypt returns to normal, tour operators are opening up access to this beautiful winter destination.
- WINTER 2011/2012: Two new direct flights from Oslo (September 23rd 2011)
A seaside resort is hardly a destination to launch during winter season, but Scandinavian will October 31st 2011 start flights from Oslo Airport to Palanga by the Baltic sea.
- Working for direct flights Ålesund to Amsterdam (May 18th 2011)
23th of January 1904, the buildings of the city of Ålesund, largely built of wood, was destroyed during the night, a gale aiding the flames, and the population had to leave the town in the middle of the night with only a few minutes' notice.