- AirBaltic launch non-stop flights Tromsø - Riga (February 18th 2010)
There is good news for the citizen of Tromsø, the capital of Northern Norway. From March 30th they may fly non-stop to Riga three times a week
- Air France: Three daily flights Oslo-Paris from October 2010 (May 25th 2010)
From October 31st you may choose from three daily flights with Air France from Oslo Airport, Gardemoen (OSL) to Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG).
- Breaking news - all flights to and from Norway cancelled (April 15th 2010)
All air traffic to and from Oslo Airport are cancelled from 10:00 a.m.
- COMING DECEMBER 2010: Vesterålen, Norway (December 26th 2010) I spent this Christmas with my brother and his family in Vesterålen, Norway. Vesterålen is located beyond the Polar Circle in Nordland county. This is, in December and January, the land of the Polar night, as the sun never rise over the horizon.
- COMING JANUARY 2011 - More stories from Marrakech, Morocco (September 17th 2010)
Yesterday we booked another trip to Marrakech Morocco, leaving Norway January 15th 2011 returning one week later. Hooray!!
- COMING UP IN MAY: Värmland, Sweden (May 8th 2010)
I am happy to return to Värmland in Eastern Sweden. Värmland is bordering Østfold, Akershus and Hedmark county in Norway. Here you feel the tranquility found in unspoiled nature.
- COMING UP: New England 2010 (October 12th 2010)
I have been to the US yearly the last 23 years, and I, usually, like a migrating bird, return to the same place. This year I am leaving late October and I will making an exception to the rule.
- December 2009: 9 of 10 Norwegian Air flights delayed!! (January 17th 2010)
Whereas Scandinavian Airlines managed Christmas traffic well, its competitor Norwegian Air Shuttle had a disastrous month.
- Delta launch direct flights Oslo - New York March 2011 (December 8th 2010)
186 000 passengers traveled between Oslo and New York last year. 86 000 of them changed flights at another European airport.
- Direct flights from Norway - May 2010 (May 3rd 2010)
Here are the latest updates on new direct flights from Norwegian airports in May 2010. Icelandair opens up direct seasonal flights seasonal from the three largest airports in May and June.
- Direct flights Oslo - Agadir from November 2010 (September 29th 2010)
Norwegian Air Shuttle will start weekly flights from Oslo Airport to Agadir Morocco from November 6th. At the same time it will start a second weekly flight to Marrakech.
- Direct flights Rygge Airport - Kaunas from May 2010 (February 25th 2010)
Ryanair will start a large number of non-stop flights from Rygge airport to destinations in Europe from March 2010.
- Enjoy Food & Travel - Fall 2010 (August 26th 2010)
This will be a busy fall for Enjoy Food & Travel. I have sold my flat and will move in the end of September.
- Enjoy Food & Travel spring break 2010 (May 11th 2010)
The Enjoy Food & Travel staff is trying to publish one new story every day. May 10th to May 17th we will take a well deserved break.
- NEW: February 2010 - Marrakech, Morocco (January 17th 2010)
As we left Istanbul December 27th it was 16C (61F) and sunny. We landed in a winter wonderland. At Oslo Airport we met white fluffy snow and -6C (21F).
- UPDATED: Ferry services operating from Europe to Norway 2010 (April 2nd 2010)
Enjoy Food & Travel proudly introduce a new service to travelers from Europe to Norway. On this special map you find ferry connection from European to Norwegian ports.
- Fjord Line order two new ferries (April 3rd 2010)
Fjord Line has ordered two new ferries to bring passengers from Bergen and Stavanger to Hirtshals in Denmark. This may be a risky move in trying times in the Scandinavian ferry market.
- Fjordline started Skagerak express crossings April 30th (May 21st 2010)
Fjordline started April 3oth their seasonal crossings between Kristiansand on the southern tip of Norway, and the North Danish port of Hirtshals. This is by far the fastest connection by sea between the two countries.
- Flightstats: Scandinavian Airlines on time this summer (August 22nd 2010)Scandinavian Airlines was the most punctual among the major European airlines summer 2010. According to a survey by Flightstats 9 out of 10 of its vessels departed and arrived on schedule.
- Giant on Scandinavian grand tour today (September 15th 2010)
Lufthansa is proudly showing off its Airbus A380 today, September 15th, during a visit to all airports of the Scandinavian capitals.
- Greetings from South Korea (November 24th 2010)
A few of my best friends are currently visiting South Korea. A few days ago, I received this picture taken in front of an old temple.
- High rollers on Danish waters (March 4th 2010)
Liberalization of Danish regulations opens up for gambling on ferries going to Danish ports. DFDS, the company running ferries between Oslo and Copenhagen is ready to open up casinos on the open sea.
- Higher fees for Norwegian Air Shuttle travelers (June 8th 2010)
(Aftenposten, June 2nd 2010). Norwegian Air Shuttle will raise seat and luggage fees with NOK 10 in 2010. At the same time they claim that their air fare are getting increasingly cheaper.
- How to avoid Traveler's diarrhea (January 24th 2010)
Getting travellers diahrrea or even worse, a serious food born disease, may ruin that dream holiday. This may be avoided easily by some prophylactic measures before you leave, and avoiding some easily contaminated foods when on travel.
- Luggage storage in downtown Boston (April 6th 2010)
The day I left Boston, my cousins were to attend a patriots game, leaving me to fend for myself the last hours before my flight. I needed a place to store my trunk the hours before going to the airport.
- More non-stop flights to Reykjavik from May 2010 (March 22nd 2010)
Icelandair will open seasonal non-stop flights from three Norwegian airports go Reykjavik from May 2010. This provides travelers with easier crossing over the Atlantic.
- More stories from Göteborg, Sweden (April 11th 2010)
Enjoy Food & Travel are going to Gøteborg, Sweden in April, for the second year in a row. Göteborg is Sweden's second largest city, and is located just 4 hour's drive away from Oslo.
- Move all long-haul flights to Stockholm and Oslo (March 11th 2010)
Danish trade unions are pushing Scandinavian Airlines towards the abyss. They demand Danish crew only on all long-haul flights from Kastrup Airport.
- Much needed facelift for M/F Crown of Scandinavia (March 4th 2010)
One of the two ferries traveling from Oslo Copenhagen, the M/F Crown of Scandinavian has undergone a 20 million NOK (€2,5 mill.) facelift. The rather outdated economy cabins are however still the same.
- New direct flights from Norway - July 2010 (July 15th 2010)
One only new service to an international destination will start from Norwegian airports in July 2010. Norwegian Air Shuttle will start flights to Antalya July 3rd 2010.
- New direct flights from Norway - June 2010 (June 1st 2010)
Most seasonal flights have already started. New in June is that Iceland Express, an Icelandic low cost carrier, will start two weekly flights from Oslo to Reykjavik, connecting more travelers from the Norwegian capital to New York.
- New direct flights from Norway - rumors and hearsay! (December 22nd 2010)
Air carriers are increasingly wooing the affluent Norwegian travelers. Lately there have been many rumors and much hearsay on who will fly from where and what new destinations that will be offered to travelers in 2011.
- New fees with Ryanair (April 13th 2010)
Michael O'Leary, Ryanair's Lord of the Fees, has done it again. He has decided to raise fees on checked-in luggage and charge money to use toilets. That means more discomfort for travelers and more money into his pocket.
- New ferry connection Kristiansand-Hanstholm (January 3rd 2010)
Danish ThyFerries is planning daily crossings from Kristiansand on the southern tip of Norway to Hanstholm on northern Jutland from April 23rd.
- Non-stop flights from Norway - news November 2010 (November 12th 2010)
Ryanair launch four new destinations from Rygge Airport in November 2010. Travelers from Oslo may get to know Morocco better, as Norwegian Air Shuttle opens weekly flights from Oslo Airport to Agadir by the Atlantic coast.
- No news from SATA Air Açores on direct flights Oslo Azores in 2011 (October 8th 2010)
October 7th the last SATA Air Açores flight takes off from Oslo to the Azores. 2010 was the first year with direct connection to these beautiful islands located in the mid-Atlantic.
- Non-stop bus service Stavanger-Hamburg reopens (April 27th 2010)
After the last weeks volcanic chaos, planes are out, and land transport is in. Now you may take bus from Stavanger to Hamburg again.
- Non-stop flights from Norway - status April 2010 (March 29th 2010)
Here are the last updates on new direct flights from major Norwegian airports to new destinations for April 2010.
- Non-stop flights from Norway - status March 2010 (March 4th 2010)
A large number of non-stop all year and seasonal flights to European destinations starts March 2010.
- Non-stop flight Tromsø - London may be closed down (January 28th 2010)
The non-stop flights from Tromsø, the capital of Northern Norway, to London Gatwick have been a fiasco for Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- Non-stop flights Torp Airport - Abruzzo to open May 2010 (February 25th 2010)
Now travelers to and from Vestfold county can travel non-stop to Pescara Airport Abruzzo in south eastern Italy from May 2010.
- Non-stop Oslo New York with Scandinavian Airlines from March 2011 (October 22nd 2010)
In March 2011, Scandinavian Airlines will be the latest air carrier to start daily non-stop flights between Oslo International Airport and Newark International Airport in New York, and more competitors are waiting to do the same.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle continues flights Tromsø - London (August 14th 2010)
The number of Brits visiting Northern Norway has not met its expectation, but the citizen of Northern Norway have appreciated the direct flights to such an extent, that Norwegian Air Shuttle has decided to fly Tromsø - London Gatwick for another year.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle: No long-haul flights in 2010 (February 25th 2010)
Non-stop flights to Bangkok and New York would start in 2010 and direct services to destinations as Beijing, Shanghai, New Delhi, and Miami would be considered the coming years.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle's seasonal flights - status March 2010 (January 10th 2010)
Norwegian starts up seasonal non-stop flights from Oslo Airport to 8 European destinations in March 2010.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle starts direct flights to Torp - Alicante (September 3rd 2010)
Norwegian Air Shuttle has been absent from Torp Airport, until now - that is. But the air carrier confirms that they will start direct flights from Torp to Alicante in November 2010.
- Norwegian flight news October 2010 (October 2nd 2010)
Scandinavian Airlines direct flights from Stavanger to Alicante takes a break from November 1st 2010 to February 18th 2011.
- Norwegian flight news: updated December 2010 (December 1st 2010)
Very little is happening concerning new domestic and international flights from Norwegian airports in December. Ryanair starts one flight to Tallinn, capital of Estonia, whereas NextJet is closing its non-stop service from Trondheim to Åre-Ôstersund on Christmas Eve.
- Norwegian's flights Trondheim - London move to Gatwick (January 28th 2010)
Norwegian Air Shuttle will move all flights Trondheim - London from London Stanstead to London Gatwick Airport.
- Norwegian in U-turn (January 24th 2010)
(Source: Aftenposten, January 20th 2010) Norwegian Air Shuttle experienced a humiliating U-turn this week, as the budget air carrier canceled, after a public outcry, its plans to introduce a compulsory fee to reserve seats on their flights.
- Norwegian third airline flying Oslo-Helsinki (February 25th 2010)
Norwegian Air Shuttle will start non-stop flights from Oslo and Stockholm to Helsinki, Finland from April 29th. It will be the third air carrier with direct connection to the Finnish capital.
- Enjoy Food & Travel - Fall 2010 (August 26th 2010)This will be a busy fall for Enjoy Food & Travel. I have sold my flat and will move in the end of September. My traveling season will start when I have concluded this process. I have, however, still ideas of what travel projects that may came this fall and winter.
- Rating Icelandair flight Oslo-Reykjavik-Boston (November 19th 2010)
I decided, once again, to fly Icelandair from Oslo to Boston this fall. My main reason to choose this air carrier is the flying time.
- Rating Norwegian Air Shuttle (February 11th 2010)
You may get a bargain when flying Norwegian Air Shuttle, as we did when we booked our trip to Marrakech in the middle of January.
- Ryanair flights from Haugesund 2010 season (February 18th 2010)
Ryanair are making some adjustments on their flight schedule to Haugesund airport. Bad news if you flying to London Stanstead. Good news is that there will be seasonal flights to Scotland in 2010.
- Ryanair: New direct flights Rygge to Barcelona fall 2010 (June 6th 2010)
Ryanair starts direct flights from Rygge Airport to Barcelona's El Prat Airport three times a week from September 2nd 2010. This as Ryanair consolidates its traffic from one of Spain's main hubs.
- Ryanair: New non-stop flights from Norway (February 25th 2010)
Irish budget carrier Ryanair opens two new non-stop flights from Norwegian this spring, opening up for more travelers between Norway, Lithuania and Italy.
- Ryanair - status flights March 11th 2010 (March 11th 2019)
Ryanair is expanding its activity from Norwegian airports. Here are the latest news on Ryanair's non-stop flights from Norway to destinations in Europe.
- Ryanair stops all flights Rygge - Skavsta (June 11th 2010)
(Source: Aftenposten, June 8th 2010) Ryanair stops all flights from Rygge Airport to Skavsta Airport from end of June 2010.
- NEW: Sunlink starts sailings Oslo - Fredrikshavn July 2010 (June 22nd 2010)
(Source: Aftenposten, June 15th 2010) The Danish company Sunlink will start sailing from Oslo to Frederikshavn from July 1st.
- Uncle Sam wants more passenger information from November 1st (July 31st 2010)
Traveling to the US in November? Have you booked a ticket yet? If you have, check whether your operator or airline may meet new demands from American authorities.
- US Airways stops non-stop flights Oslo Philadelphia in 2011 (December 15th 2010)
Seasonal flights from Oslo International Airport to Philadelphia was launched in May 2008 and has been running until October 2010. As competition on direct transatlantic flights gets tougher, US Airways has decided to stop direct flights.
- Vacation break October 26th to November 7th (October 25th 2010)
Enjoy Food & Travel will have a two week vacation break from October 26th to November 7th 2010. This as I am having my annual trip to New England.
- Watch your hands! (March 8th 2010)
When walking over Djemaa el Fna, the famous square and centre of old Marrakech, watch out!! If not, you may get a full henna decoration whether you want it or not.
- Welcome Air stops flights Göteborg-Stavanger from July 2010 (June 30th 2010)
(Source: Boarding.no, June 23rd 2010) Austrian Welcome Air has had flights from Göteborg Landvetter to Stavanger Airport, Sola since 2005.
- Wizz Air opens its fifth direct flight to Poland (September 3rd 2010)
Torp Airport is the main airport for Hungarian Wizz Air in Norway. It has recently opened its fifth direct connection to Wroclaw in Poland.