Facts on flight:
Here are the facts of my flight.
October 26th 2010:
- Departure Gardermoen International Airport - Oslo, 2.45 PM
- Arrival Keflavik International - Reykjavik, 3 PM (-2 hours)
- Departure Keflavik International Airport - Reykjavik 4 PM
- Arrival Logan International Airport - Boston 5.35 PM (-4 hours)
- Departure Logan International Airport - Boston, 9.45 PM
- Arrival Keflavik International Airport - Reykjavik 6.30 AM (+4 hours + 1 day)
- Departure Keflavik International Airport - Reykjavik 7.30 AM
- Arrival Gardermoen International Airport - Oslo 11.30 AM (+2 hours)
A cool and distant flight crew on board, partly unwilling to inform during the delays at Boston Airport and the consequences for transfer passengers.
Decent service. We did not have to wait long to be served, and the staff answered other questions promptly.
One of the few assets of an Icelandair flight. Generous room in front of knees on all flights. Seats comfortably wide. Good sized table.
Flying time to destination: BBB+
Acceptable time spent to disembark planes, and waiting for luggage at baggage claim.
Duty free goods: BBBB
A good selection of duty free spirits, accessories, fragrances, and other articles available at reasonable prices.
Rating Icelandair: BBBB- (3,5 points)
The 2010 transatlantic crossing was disappointing compared to last years experience. Bad information and delays count for lower rating. Good leg room and short traveling time to my destination are still the air carriers asset. My patience, however, is wearing thin , and the airline must improve by offering more complementary goods and inform travelers better during delays.