View International non-stop flights from Torp Airport - status May 2010 in a larger map
Ashes to Ashes, British Television drama
Wizz Air opens its fifth direct flight to Poland
|Photo: Wroclaw 14th century city hall by Kolossos|
The city is an important financial and cultural centre in Poland, and is, with its population of 600 000, the country's 4th largest city.
Wizz Air operates four other non-stop services to Poland from Torp Airport. They are:
Latest relevant news on Wizz Air:
- Wizz Air launch non-stop flight Torp - Riga (December 15th 2009)
- New: 2008, Fly Budapest - Torp (November 27th 2007)
Norwegian Air Shuttle starts direct flights to Torp - Alicante
|Carbonell.jpg Casa Carbonell, Alicante - photo by Zarkos|
This means that Ryanair will get competition from Norway's largest budget airline on flights to Alicante. Ryanair's original plan was not to operate any flights to Alicante this winter. The launch of parallel flights by its arch rival has made the Irish air carrier think again.
It has changed its plants and decided to fly to Alicante this winter. The competing flights flights will take off within 10 minutes of each other each Saturday. They will fly literally fly wing to wing in order to attract travelers.
Let us hope that this provides lower air fare for us seeking relief by traveling south during the harsh Norwegian winters.
First Norwegian Air Shuttle flight from will be November 6th, and the air carrier will use on of its Boeing 737-800 fleet and it will leave Torp during the afternoon, arriving in Alicante around 7PM.
Latest stories on Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Norwegian Air Shuttle continues flights Tromsø - London (August 14th 2010)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle stops direct flights Bergen - Warsaw, Poland (August 7th 2010)
- Higher fees for Norwegian Air Shuttle travelers (June 8th 2010)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle: No long-haul flights in 2010 (February 25th 2010)
- Norwegian third airline flying Oslo-Helsinki (February 25th 2010)