I am happy to return to Värmland in Eastern Sweden. Värmland is bordering Østfold, Akershus and Hedmark county in Norway. Here you feel the tranquility found in unspoiled nature.
I will stay in the community of Sunnemo, an hours drive north of Karlstad. This quiet, quaint village located in a small valley surrounded by low wooden hills, goes back to the mid 17th century and beyond. A beautiful wooden church built in 1653 and remains of an old 17th century iron work are the main sights of Sunnemo.
More stories on Sunnemo and Värmland
- Mårbacka - Selma Lagerlöfs home (June 14th 2008)
- Sights by lake Stor Treen (May 15th 2010)
- Lake Stor Treen (April 26th 2008)
- Karlstad - a city by the Inland Sea (February 9th 2008)
- Sunnemo - a place in Värmland (February 3d 2008)
View Sunnemo - Karlstad January 2008 in a larger map
Map: Värmland April 18th to April 20th 2008
Photo: A workforce of log drivers from Finnskoga, working at the Lusten separation point, Forshaga 1918