To satisfy two hungry dinner guests you'll need
- One packet Giovanni Rana tortellini with gorgonzola and walnut filling
- ½ small onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 grams shitake mushrooms, halved
- 50 grams oyster mushrooms, finely sliced
- 50 grams small portobello mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100 grams ordinary button mushrooms, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp flour
- 20 cl. beef or vegetable stock
- 15 cl. low fat cream (10%)
- 3 tbsp crema de balsamic vinegar (or sugar, after your taste)
- Ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp white truffle oil
- Parmesan cheese and more truffle oil to add to the dish.
Add flour, and stir into ingredients, to avoid lumps. Then add stock. Stir until sauce thickens. Balance the salinity with balsamic vinegar or sugar, before adding pepper and stirring in truffle oil. This exquisite ingredient adds a "je ne sait pas quoi" aroma that will impress your guests.
Add cream at the end of cooking time. Check balance is to your taste.
Sprinkle freshly ground parmesan cheese and more truffle oil for extra taste.
Truffle stories on Enjoy Food & Travel
- Salad of cured fillet of moose, figs, balsamico and truffle oil (April 24th 2010)
- "Trøffelheltens" appetizer (January 20th 2009)
- Truffle Risotto from Piedmonte (July 30th 2008)