Overall score: BBBB- (3,77 points)
- Location: BBBB+
- Service: BBB+
- Interior & Atmosphere: BBB+
- Food: BBBB
As Terje arrived, we discovered that we both needed something to eat, before I could get the account of the terrible ride over the mountain. We ordered the same, cod-steak wrapped in parma ham with whole roasted potatoes, mashed turnips and gravy.
Fish wrapped in pig
Delicious combo of salt and sweet flavours. I gladly prepare meaty fish with bacon or serrano/parma ham. I have usually used halibut, but discovered that cod was equally good and much, much cheaper. Usually I use mashed turnip to salted meats, as I've always thought that it may overpower the salty, but milder fish flavours, but here it did not.
If this dish reflects the overall quality of food at Café Opera, I would not hesitate to recommend it as a place to dine. Its character as a young hangout may indicate, however, that the cook may have had a good day. It is only one way to find out - to revisit when being in Bergen the next time.
Engen 18, 5011 Bergen, Norway
Phone: +47 55 23 03 15
Fax: +47 55 21 54 99
Similar combos on Enjoy Food & Travel
- Monkfish with fried potatoes, baked asparagus and Nantua Sauce (March 27th 2009)
- Pesto-marinated halibut with bacon (July 16th 2007)
- Christmas grub at Holbergstuen (March 5th 2009)
- Proving Wessel wrong - sandwiches at Wesselstuen, Bergen (June 17th 2007)
- Nice interior, strange food - A Taste of Indian, Bergen (June 11th 2007)
- Spisekroken in Bergen - A Michelin star experience (June 9th 2007)
View Bergen and Surrounding areas 2007-2009 in a larger map