Thursday, September 06, 2007

A decent table wine from Languedoc-Roussillon

Wine Brothers Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

Languedoc-Rousillion in South Western France, is an upcoming wine region and this Vin de Table proves that the quality of even inexpensive wines from this region are improving steadily. It will be a pleasant experience by your dinner table or if you need decent wine in your cooking.

I have already declared my love for the merlot grape, and this wine contains 60% of it and the rest, 40 % is made up by cabernet sauvignon.

It has a dark red colour, and has the mellow taste of red berries, apples and a hint of licorice. It is a bargain at 319 NOK (€38). It is not rich enough to match red meat or game, but will be good company to lamb, pork, or chicken.

Looking for another wine?

See complete list of wine reviews here on Enjoy Food & Travel - your source to good wine!

No comments: